FULL PROFESSOR / ONLINE COURSES COORDINATOR
Area: Marketing and International Business
SUNY Empire State College, The School of Business
113 West Avenue, Saratoga Springs, New York, 12866
Phone: (518) 587 2100 ext. 2435 Direct line: (518) 580 4851
Candidate of Science (PhD), INTERNATIONAL POLITICAL ECONOMY
Russian Academy of Sciences. Institute of Economics and Industrial Engineering, Novosibirsk (1986). Thesis: Trade in Patents and Licenses and International Capital Flows.
Specialist (Combined BS/MA) in MATHEMATICAL ECONOMICS and Economic Cybernetics
Novosibirsk State University (1977-1982). Thesis: Econometric Modeling of the USSR National Economy. Winner: The All-Russia best graduate student thesis award (1983).
Postgraduate Certificate in Management (completed curriculum)
Southern Cross University. Graduate College of Management, Tweed Gold Coast, Australia (2005). Strategic Management in the Global Context, Accounting and Financial Management, Qualitative Research Methods, Quantitative Research Methods.
– SUNY Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Scholarship and Creative Activities (2019-2020)
– OPEN SUNY ONLINE EDUCATION FELLOW (2016)
– CERTIFIED PRACTICING MARKETER (CPM)
Australia Marketing Institute (2005)
– CERTIFICATE IV in ASSESSMENT and WORKPLACE TRAINING
Australian College of Training and Employment, Southport, Australia (2005)
– NATIONALLY CERTIFIED ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
USSR Ministry of Education, Moscow (1989).
Teaching Experience and Academic Administration in the U.S.:
ASSISTANT (2006), ASSOCIATE (2012), FULL PROFESSOR (since 2017)
SUNY Empire State College, School of Business. Saratoga Springs, NY
* Courses taught: Career Self-Management and Personal Branding, International Business, International Political Economy, International eLearning Skills, International Marketing, International Cross Cultural Management, Scanning the Business Environment (MBA), Strategic Global Management (MBA), Strategic Executive Leadership (MBA, capstone).
* Academic administration and supervision of adjuncts (70 sections): Marketing (15 online courses).
Teaching Experience in Australia:
Australian Pacific College, Sydney, Australia (January 2006 – June 2006)
*Courses taught: Marketing, Customer Service
Teaching Experience and Academic Administration in Russia:
ASSISTANT (1986), ASSOCIATE PROFFESOR (1989-1991)
Department of Political Economy, Omsk State Railway Engineers University, Omsk
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR (1991-2004), part time
DEPARTMENT CHAIR (1992-2004), part time
FOUNDING DEAN (1999-2003), full time
Department of Economics and Marketing, Faculty of International Business at Omsk State University, Omsk
*Courses developed and taught: Economics, International Economics, Managerial Economics, Research Methods; Quantitative Methods, Economic Growth; International Political Economy; History of Thought. PhD thesis supervision (Economics, Political Economy).
* Editor-in-Chief, “Economics and Marketing” (working paper series) (1999 – 2004)
* Director, Russian-American University Degree Program, Omsk, Russia (1998-2004)
* Co-Director, “The Russian University in Australia” Program, Sydney, Australia (1999-2004).
Professional Experience and Managerial Positions:
PRESIDENT AND CEO (Managing Director)
New York Institute of Business Pacific Division, Sydney, Australia (2002 – 2018). A niche consultancy company dealing with international education projects.
VICE-PRESIDENT, Marketing, Commercial and International
Omsk State University, Russia (September 1991 – December 1998)
* Deputy to the Rector of a major national teaching and research university (12,000 full time students);
* Development of the University’s strategic marketing plans;
* Supervision of all commercial and international activities of the University, including Offices of Marketing, International Relations, Continuing Education, Foundation Studies;
* Enrollment management;
* Management of the University’s foreign branches, including programs in China, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan;
* Communications with related departments of the National Ministry on Higher Education,
* Communications with local businesses, major regional banks and local authorities;
* Relations with foreign universities, joint programs and grants (US, UK, Germany, France, Australia, Finland,
Spain, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Greece, and China);
* Development and supervision of the University’s commercial arm.
SUNY Research Foundation and SUNY GLOBAL COIL Center
*Project areas: Online learning (Lithuania), International education (China)
RESEARCHER, SENIOR RESEARCHER, HEAD OF RESEARCH LABORATORY
Russian Academy of Sciences, Novosibirsk Institute of Economics and Industrial Engineering (1983 – 1991, 1998-1999)
*Project areas: International Trade and Investment; Regional Development; Privatization; Services Marketing, Business Planning.
Professional Memberships and Affiliations (current and past)
Association of International Educators (NAFSA);
Australian Society for Computers in Learning in Tertiary Education (ASCILITE);
American Marketing Association (AMA);
Academy of International Business (AIB);
American Association of Management (AAM);
Australia Marketing Institute;
The Australian Institute of Management – Fellow Member (FAIM);
The European Association of Evolutionary Economics;
The Russian Marketing Association.
Languages and Skills
English (fluent), Russian (native), Chinese (Mandarin, basic)
– Shortlisted for Award in the e-learning category (2015)
– Shortlisted for Award in the Nurturing Employability category (2016)
– Served as a Judge of the competition (2018 and 2019).
SUNY IITG (Innovative Instruction and Technology Grant Program)
Principal Investigator ($57,000; 2014-15); ($20,000; 2015-2016); ($67,000; 2017-2018).
SUNY GLOBAL COIL Center
NODAL Faculty Development Award recipient (2013)
SUNY Research Foundation and Open Society Institute
Online learning development at EHU (2008-2010)
The Russian Ministry on Higher Education (2003)*
A Honorary Diploma for excellence in teaching
The Government of Omsk Region
A Honorary Diploma for excellence in teaching (1999)
USIA International Visitors Program participant (1997)
The George Soros Open Society Institute
Curriculum development and professional development grants (1993-94, 1998-99)
The USSR Academy of Sciences
Postgraduate Research Competition Award (1985)
Novosibirsk National University
Doctoral Scholarship (1983-86)
The Russian Ministry on Higher Education
The All-Russia Best Graduate Thesis Competition Award (1983)
Novosibirsk National University
Undergraduate/Graduate Scholarship (1977-82).
Academic Committees (selected)
SUNY Empire State College:
PPBC (Planning and Budgeting college-wide), Curriculum Committee, Academic Quality Committee, Academic Review Committee, Center Personnel Committee, Convener of the BME group, Faculty Co-Chair for the Middle States accreditation, International distance learning coordinator, college-wide ANGEL Learning Management Advisory Committee, Graduate Studies Committee.
Commission on distance learning projects with Moscow State University (since 2007), Russia strategic group (2010-15).