PROFESSOR / ONLINE COURSES COORDINATOR / MENTOR
Area: Marketing and International Business
SUNY Empire State College, The School of Business
113 West Avenue, Saratoga Springs, New York, 12866
Phone: (518) 587 2100 ext. 2435 Direct line: (518) 580 4851
Candidate of Science (PhD), INTERNATIONAL POLITICAL ECONOMY
Russian Academy of Sciences. Institute of Economics and Industrial Engineering, Novosibirsk (1986)
Thesis: Trade in Patents and Licenses and International Capital Flows
Specialist (Combined BS/MA) in MATHEMATICAL ECONOMICS and Economic Cybernetics
Novosibirsk State University (1977-1982)
Thesis “Econometric Modeling of the USSR National Economy”.
Winner, The All-Russia best graduate student thesis award (1983)
Postgraduate Certificate in Management (completed curriculum)
Southern Cross University. Graduate College of Management, Tweed Gold Coast, Australia (2005).
Strategic Management in the Global Context, Accounting and Financial Management, Qualitative Research Methods, Quantitative Research Methods
– OPEN SUNY ONLINE EDUCATION FELLOW (2016)
– CERTIFIED PRACTICING MARKETER (CPM)
Australia Marketing Institute (2005)
– CERTIFICATE IV in ASSESSMENT and WORKPLACE TRAINING
Australian College of Training & Employment, Southport, Australia (2005)
– NATIONALLY CERTIFIED ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
USSR Ministry of Education, Moscow (1989)
Teaching Experience and Administration
FULL PROFESSOR, The School of Business.
SUNY Empire State College, Saratoga Springs, NY (July 2006 – present)
* Courses taught: Career Self-Management and Personal Branding, International Business, International Political Economy, International eLearning Skills, International Marketing, International Cross Cultural Management (FORUM), Scanning the Business Environment (MBA), Strategic Global Management (MBA), Strategic Executive Leadership (MBA, capstone)
* Academic administration and supervision of adjuncts (70 sections): Marketing (15 courses)
Australian Pacific College, Sydney, Australia (January 2006 – June 2006)
*Courses taught: Marketing, Customer Service
Omsk State University and Omsk State Railway Engineers University, Russia (February 1986 – November 2004)
Assistant, since 1989 Associate Professor
Faculty of International Business, full time (January 1999 – November 2004)
Department of Economics and Marketing, part time (September 1991 – December 1998)
Department of Political Economy, full time ( February 1986 – August 1991)
*Courses developed and taught: Economics, International Economics, Managerial Economics, Research Methods; Quantitative Methods, Economic Growth; International Political Economy; History of Thought. PhD thesis supervision (Economics, Political Economy – since 1994).
Academic administration and managerial positions:
* Founding Dean, Faculty of International Business (January 1999 – January 2003)
* Chair, Department of Economics and Marketing (June 1992- March 2004)
* Editor-in-Chief, “Economics and Marketing” (working paper series) (1999 – 2004)
* Director, Russian-American University Degree Program, Omsk, Russia (1998-2004)
* Co-Director, “The Russian University in Australia” Program, Sydney, Australia (1999-2004).
PRESIDENT AND CEO (Managing Director)
New York Institute of Business Pacific Division, Sydney, Australia (2002 – 2018). A niche consultancy company dealing with international education projects.
VICE-PRESIDENT, Marketing, Commercial and International
Omsk State University, Russia (September 1991 – December 1998)
* Deputy to the Rector of a major national teaching and research university (12,000 full time students);
* Development of the University’s strategic marketing plans;
* Supervision of all commercial and international activities of the University, including Offices of Marketing,
International Relations, Continuing Education, Foundation Studies;
* Enrollment management;
* Management of the University’s foreign branches, including programs in China, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan;
* Communications with related departments of the National Ministry on Higher Education,
* Communications with local businesses, major regional banks and local authorities;
* Relations with foreign universities, joint programs and grants (US, UK, Germany, France, Australia, Finland,
Spain, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Greece, and China);
* Development and supervision of the University’s commercial arm.
SUNY Research Foundation (2007 – present)
SUNY GLOBAL COIL Center, Manhattan, NY
*Project areas: Online learning, International education
RESEARCHER, SENIOR RESEARCHER and CONSULTANT
Russian Academy of Sciences
Novosibirsk Institute of Economics & Industrial Engineering (1983 – 1991, 1998-1999)
Project areas: International Trade and Investment; Regional Development;
Privatization, Services Marketing, Business Planning.
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
*Australian Society for Computers in Learning in Tertiary Education (ASCILITE), since 2011;
*American Marketing Association, since 2006;
* Academy of International Business, since 1998;
* American Association of Management, Executive Member (2003);
* Australia Marketing Institute, 2005-2006;
* Australian Institute of Management – Fellow (FAIM), 2003 – 2006;
* New York Academy of Sciences – Member (2003);
* European Association for Evolutionary Political Economy – (1997-2004).
Languages and Skills
Languages: English (fluent), Russian (native), Chinese (Mandarin, basic)
*SUNY IITG (Innovative Instruction and Technology Grant Program) Tier 3 grants, Principal Investigator (2014-15); (2015-2016); (2017-2018).
*SUNY GLOBAL COIL Center NODAL Faculty Development Award recipient (2013)
*SUNY Research Foundation and Open Society Institute: Online learning development at EHU (2008-2010)
* Honorary Diploma for excellence in teaching, The Russian Ministry on Higher Education (2003)
* Honorary Diploma for excellence in teaching, The Government of Omsk Region (1999)
* USIA International Visitors Program participant (1997)
* Open Society Institute: Curriculum development and professional development grants (1993-94, 1998-99)
* Associate Professor Certification, the USSR Ministry on Education, 1989
* Postgraduate Research Competition Award, the USSR Academy of Sciences (1985)
* Doctoral Scholarship, Novosibirsk University (1983-86)
* All-Russia Best Graduate Thesis Competition Award, the Russian Ministry on Higher Education (1983)
* Undergraduate/Graduate Scholarship, Novosibirsk University (1977-82).
* SUNY Empire State College CDL: Curriculum Committee (2008-10), Academic Quality Committee (2006-09), Academic Review Committee (2006-07), Center Personnel Committee (2010-11, 2012-15). Convener of the BME group (2007-08). Faculty Co-Chair for Middle States accreditation (2007-08). International distance learning group (since 2006, continuously). College-wide ANGEL Advisory Committee (2007-08), Graduate Studies Committee (2010-11). SUNY-wide commission on distance learning projects with Moscow State University (since 2007), Russia strategic group (2010-15).
* State University of Omsk: Academic Senate (1991-2004), University Budgeting Committee (1991-98), Curriculum Committee (1993-2004), various committees at the School of International Business (1999-2004).